(A) iceQR Terms & Conditions
Last updated 18th May 2020. Replaces the 25th May 2018 version in its entirety.
By placing an order with us, you agree to accept our terms and conditions as the sole set of conditions applying to the contract.
1. Production, materials and Delivery
Production - Production takes up to 5 days customers will be notified by email of any delays.
Materials - It is the sole responsibility of the customer to check that the materials and adhesive used in Cerql products are suitable for the intended use.
Delivery - Goods are dispatched by Royal Mail.
2. Refund Policy
Due to our production and design processes, all bespoke sales are final, and we are unable to provide refunds.
We accept payment by Square.
4. Web page storing customer data
Web pages displaying customer data are stored by a third party hosting company. Cerql are not responsible for any failure of the hosting company. Any failure to access web pages shall not entitle the customer to any refund or compensation of any kind.
5. Register and uploading information
5.1 iceQR must be registered within 12 months of order.
5.2 Sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
5.3 So emergency services worldwide can view customer details on the internet, a URL is contained in the QR code. Cerql only publish the URL and the QR code so the service can operate effectively. The customer must not publish, copy, distribute or disclose the URL or the QR code and consider carefully what information to include. The customer is entirely responsible for the content. The customer can delete the contents at any time using the contact page at www.cerql.co.uk. The customer is responsible for their personal information being in the public domain when an iceQR product registered to the customer is scanned
5.4 When uploading details for printing, telephone numbers or names or logos must be uploaded with the order. If we do not receive your telephone numbers or names or logos with the order the goods will be printed without this information and cannot be returned.
5.5 When artwork is requested, permission is implied that Cerql can publish your artwork or logo in any format, permission can be withdrawn at any time by notifying Cerql by email.
We do not supply proofs. When you supply telephone numbers or names or logos during the order process we assume that it is correct. Please check when ordering as any mistakes cannot be rectified.
7. Customer liability
The customer shall indemnify us in regard to claim, costs, or expense arising from any proprietary or personal rights connected with any material that we process for the customer. This indemnity shall extend to any monies paid on the advice of a lawyer, and any costs connected with settlement of any claim.
8. Liability Limitations
We will accept no liability:
(1) for defective goods and/or services where the client has contributed to or caused the defect.
(2) to the client if they do not report any problems or defects to us within 5 working days of receipt of goods and/or services.
(3) for any loss, liability, claims, costs, damage, or expenses arising as a result of your continued use of defective goods and/or services after you have become aware of or suspected any such defect.
(4) for costs relating to the remedy of any matter for which we are liable, unless you have given us reasonable opportunity to remedy any problem or defect within the scope of our terms and conditions.
(5) We accept no liability for:
- Consequential loss;
- Harm to goodwill and/or profit;
- Monetary and/or other similar losses;
- Indirect losses and special damages; and/or
- Interrupted business, lost business, contracts, production and/or opportunity.
(6) Force majeure - We accept no responsibility for breach of contract as a result, directly or indirectly, of force majeure, riots, war, strikes, civil commotion and natural disasters.
Consumer rights to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000
If you are acting as a consumer (i.e. not entering into a transaction for business purposes), and purchasing via mail/telephone/website order, you have a right to cancel your purchase within seven working days of the day after the date of delivery, and to return any unused item for a refund. These rights do not apply to perishable goods, or bespoke/personalised goods. For example, you do not have the right to a refund on items made to your size/colour/logo or any other specification. To cancel an order, e-mail, phone, or write to us. Have your invoice number to hand Goods must be returned unused, and you must take reasonable care of them. Return goods to us at the above address. Unless goods are faulty or incorrect, you must return them to us at your own expense. In the event that goods are faulty or incorrect, we will refund you the return delivery charge on receipt of the items. If we arrange collection of unwanted goods, we will deduct courier charges from your refund. Once items have been returned in an unused condition, with all parts and accessories present, we will supply a refund within 30 days of your notice to cancel.
Our wish is that you will be completely satisfied with our products and services. If however you find any aspect of our product or service unsatisfactory, please get in touch, so that we can do our best to correct the problem.
The Information we collect and how we use it
9.2 We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud.
9.3 Our service provides features that allow you to share your details or to make it public. Others may use, copy, modify, or re-share your content in many ways. Please consider carefully what you choose to share or make public as you are entirely responsible for the content that you share.
9.4 By registering an iceQR with Cerql you agree to receive emails from Cerql. If you wish to stop receiving emails from Cerql, you can do so at any time by unsubscribing, your account will then be deleted and the iceQR de-activated..
9.5 You can remove your information at any time by notifying Cerql by email or using the deactivation option on the contact page.
10. How to contact us
Cerql is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of any personal data in connection with our services. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal data or any other related data protection questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at customerservices(at)cerql.co.uk
11.1 If any of these provisions is deemed invalid, void or unenforceable that provision will be deemed severable from the rest and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
11.2 This site is directed to users in England and Wales only.
11.3 These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the Courts of England
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
1. Qualifying Persons
1.1 CERQL operate competitions – skill based games resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions.
1.2 The Competitions are open to all persons aged 18 and over and the age of majority in their country of residence.
2. Legal Undertaking
2.1 By entering a competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
2.2 Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. CERQL will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
3. Competition Entry
3.1 Competitions may be entered via the Website. CERQL, may run multiple competitions that may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have a specific prize.
3.2 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of CERQL and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3.3 When playing a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions; (b) once you have purchased your Tickets we will email to confirm your entry into the Competition.
3.4 CERQL reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
3.5 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all entries become our property and will not be returned.
3.6 The Entrant can enter the competitions up to the amount of ten entries, per each competition. However, this can be reduced or increased at CERQL’s discretion if stated on the competition product page.
4. Promotion Periods
4.1 Each Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
4.2 CERQL will draw the winner in good time after the specified period. If less than 100% of tickets are sold by the end of the specified period, CERQL may at their discretion extend the duration of the competition.
4.3 If all tickets are sold before the end date, CERQL may bring the draw forward.
4.4 CERQL may at their discretion cancel a competition at any time and refund all tickets sold.
5. Competition Judgement
5.1 Each entry will be allocated a unique number for the competition entered.
5.2 CERQL, will determine the winner of each competition using the online Google Random Number Generator.
5.3 Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one winner per competition.
5.4 CERQL will attempt to contact the Winner using the email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are recorded incorrectly, CERQL will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
5.5 If for any reason CERQL is unable to contact the Winner within 30 days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of CERQL ) of the end of a Competition or the Winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize or the Winner is disqualified as a result of contravening any of these terms and conditions, the Winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will remain in the possession and ownership of CERQL.
5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto CERQL’s database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by CERQL.
6. Winner’s Details
6.1 The Winner will be required to provide proof of identification and proof of bank details. Any failure to meet this obligation may result in the Winner being disqualified and CERQL retaining the prize.
6.2 Following receipt and verification of the proof of identification and bank details, the Winner will be contacted to make arrangements for delivery of the prize.
7. Competition Prizes
7.1 Competition prize value will be 90% of the total ticket sales revenue for that competition. Prizes may be withdrawn at the dealer’s discretion. If withdrawn, the prize will be paid in cash by bank transfer at 90% of tickets sales. If less than 100% of tickets are sold, the prize will be 90% of tickets sales.
7.2 CERQL does not insure the prize. No insurance comes with the prize and CERQL cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
7.3 Cash prizes are paid by bank transfer to verified bank details in the winner’s name. The winner will be required to confirm receipt of £1 by email and text before the balance is transferred. The email and mobile phone number used must be the same as the email and mobile number used at the point of purchase.
7.4 Delivery to the winner is free to a United Kingdom mainland address. Delivery to any other address will be charged at commercial rates.
7.5 All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7.6 All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
7.7 Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes.
7.8.1 CERQL deduct 10% administration fee from total ticket sales revenue.
7.8.2 CERQL act as an agent and vehicle for payment. CERQL fees are deducted from entry fees held on behalf of competition entrants. Net competition fees are paid to the supplying dealer or to the winner of the competition on behalf of the competition entrants. Net entry fees are held on account and ringfenced from CERQL funds.
8. Winners’ Personal Data
8.1 By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name and/or photograph or other likeness to be used for marketing purposes as required by CERQL if you are declared a Winner unless we receive an opt out in writing.
9. Limits of Liability. CERQL makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of CERQL. CERQL shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by CERQL, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by CERQL.
10. Electronic Communications No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes. CERQL shall use its best endeavours to award the prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer related failure, or due to human error the prize is awarded incorrectly, CERQL reserves the right to reclaim the Competition prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability. CERQL shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. CERQL shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet, and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, however displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant Competition and CERQL shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
11. Data Protection Notice Any personal data that you supply to CERQL or authorise CERQL to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by CERQL to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data CERQL may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom CERQL proposes to transfer any of CERQL rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement CERQL may have with you; (iii) any person to whom CERQL proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of CERQL in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data CERQL may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event CERQL is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
12. To enter the competition by post, send your: Name, Address, DOB, Contact mobile phone number, email address, name of prize, and correct answer for that competition. Post by 1st or 2nd class to: CERQL 7 Daryngton Dr Guildford GU1 2QB United Kingdom. You will not be contacted to confirm entry. If your entry was received in time and the maximum number of tickets has not been reached you will be entered into the entry list for that draw. Postal entries are limited to one per competition entrant per postcard - where possible send a postcard/sealed envelope with entry information on the back to speed up processing. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter. We will allocate a random number to the entry from the available numbers left. CERQL will process all postal entries Monday-Friday at 11am. Entries received after the processing period will not be counted that day and will be processed the following day. Sending a postal entry does not guarantee entry to a draw. Postal entries will not be counted if the number of entries reaches the maximum allocated to that prize before the processing time that day. It is advised that you give your entry plenty of time to arrive, we cannot be held responsible for Royal Mail's delivery times. Standard competition terms and conditions apply for postal entries. You must include the name of the prize exactly as displayed on the website.
13. Promoter: CERQL 7 Daryngton Drive Guildford GU1 2QB United Kingdom. Email customerservices(at)cerql.co.uk Tel: +44 (0)1483 363 041 Website